Monday 6 June 2011

Inspirational

Have you ever been to a Luminarium?  What IS a luminarium, some of you may be asking...I first went into one with my Mum and son, what I thought was around four years ago.  When I rooted through the computer archives, I found this image, which actually dates back to 2004!

My first Luminarium visit

I can't even remember if we went to Lakeside, Nottingham specifically to see it, or if we took my son to the play park there and just happened across it.  Either way, I am glad I did.

I can't describe it very well - my best effort is that it's like a giant bouncy castle that you go inside instead of on top.  Made a special material, it's mainly grey, with coloured panels.  And it's these coloured panels that make the magic happen.  The whole of the inside of the structure glows with the natural light filtering in from the outside.  Ambient sounds are played in the background, and the whole experience is, well, just rather wonderful.  You wander round inside and just lose yourself in the atmosphere. 

See Architects of Air for a proper description!

We saw Levity II at Derby last year, and went to see Levity III yesterday - and I just stared at the patterns created, and felt so fired up. I can't wait to try out some Levity inspired panels!
Patterns, patterns!

Anyone used to watch Time Tunnel?


The 'Tree'

2 comments:

Lainey said...

Wow! And yes, I too watched time tunnel, lol! x

Unknown said...

Why does it not surprise me that you watched Time Tunnel, Lainey!