Tuesday 19 July 2011

Diary of an Exhibitionist #9


That's it - all done and dusted, sculptures delivered and installed awaiting the opening this coming weekend of Sculpture in the Sanctuary at Southwell

Thank you for following my (erratic) progress.  It has been a steep, steep learning curve.  Given the chance, or a bit more time, I would do a few things slightly differently - but isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?

I would want the whole finished piece ready earlier, so that last minute problems could be ironed out. Luckily, there really wasn't much to worry about, the metal frame went together well and all the glass fitted in.  I managed NOT to drop anything and break it, that's always a bonus.

I love the wooden stand, but as a practical piece of work in a show, I would perhaps think about ways of fixing the panels. With the five panel standing structure, I would probably go for six, and make it a touch taller.  I like the idea of echoing the pattern in the glass into carving into the metal base.

Not a lot I can do now - and I have lots to build on.  I still love both pieces, I think they work really well, and I was fortunate to catch a bit of sunshine this afternoon between the rain clouds, which really shows the panels off to great effect.  Actually, when the sun came out, those glass houses got a liltle bit TOO warm...

Anyway, I managed to get a few pictures before we wilted away...


 

3 comments:

Jolene said...

Dawn, both of these pieces are stunning! Congratulations, you work and vision is beautiful.

Jo x

Unknown said...

Thank you Jo x

ChatElaine said...

Its really beautiful Dawn. Well done, I love the way it sits in the frame. Stunning!